How to get that natural glowing skin look that everyone is talking about
A major component— and signal— of healthy skin is a natural glow. But causes like lack of sleep, stress, age, and even what you eat can rob your complexion of its radiance.
The good news is that you can transform skin from “dull and tired” to luminous and glowing… right at home! Honey & CoCo’s beauty advisors put together a few ways to get healthy and glowing skin. Scroll down to know about them!
- Cleanse regularly
The first key to radiant skin: Cleansing, using a gentle foaming or oil-based facial cleanser.
Clearing your “canvas” by thoroughly removing debris like dirt, oil and pollution particles that can clog pores and cause dullness.
For daily use, try the Purify Daily Facial Cleanser. H&CC gentle Sarrasin Honey-based cleanser contains Vitamin E and is lightweight which makes it ideal for all skin types. Purify foaming cleanser gently removes excess oil, skin impurities and makeup, leaving your skin feeling clean, hydrated and on its way to glowing!
One of the best ways to brighten skin and boost its glow both immediately and long term is by exfoliating. Our Sarrasin Honey and Sugar Lip Scrub, Refresh was created to breathe new life into your lips. We recommend using this 3-4 times per week to gently scrub, clean, exfoliate and polish your lips.
- Treat and hydrate
Don't apply moisturizer just once in a while or when skin feels dry: "Lack of hydration makes your complexion dull and even accentuates wrinkles," says Jeanine Downie, M.D., a dermatologist at Image Dermatology in Montclair, New Jersey.
Applying a topical moisturizer morning and evening will help to replenish hydration. Your skin has different needs in the morning and at night, and that’s why Honey & CoCo has created two unique moisturizers to fit your skin’s needs at all times.
Our Sarrasin Honey + Vitamin E Facial Day Cream, Revive, was designed to provide all day hydration to your skin. Full of antioxidants like Vitamin E, this cream is specially designed to intensely hydrate skin and seal in moisture, helping to replenish ceramides for a healthy bounce and instant luminosity. Best of all, it won’t interfere with applying makeup!
Repair, our Sarrasin Honey + Glycerin Facial Night Cream, was designed to improve skin texture and smoothness significantly. Repair Clean Beauty Night Cream works overnight to reduce the look of wrinkles, draw hydration to your face, and bring out your skin's natural brilliance.
- Look for brightening natural skincare ingredients
Skin dullness can occur for a variety of reasons — from sun damage to a poor night's sleep, there are so many factors that can leave us feeling unsatisfied with the lackluster state of our skin. There are vital ingredients that can boost the brightness of our skin and help maintain an even tone.
Sarrasin Honey + Essential Oil Face Serum, Rejuvenate, is like finding the perfect cocktail of clean skin-glowing ingredients:
- Sarrasin Honey: A highly nutritious honey derived from buckwheat flowers. High sugar content and low pH eliminate bacteria growth for clean and clear skin. Moisturizing abilities leave skin feeling smoother and brighter.
- Essential Oils of Frankincense: Anti-inflammatory properties that help to disinfect skin, tighten pores and stimulate skin cell turnover to keep skin looking glowy and youthful.
- Lemon Oil: A natural astringent that closes pores and tightens skin. Has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities to exfoliate dead skin cells and treat acne breakouts. High vitamin C content aids in reducing dark spots and breaking down hyperpigmentation to even out skin tone.
- Golden Turmeric Oil: High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to combat skin damage, acne scarring and large pores. Reduces the excess melanin production and lightens your skin tone. Will leave your skin brighten and with an even tone and reduce any kind of dark spots and pigmentation
- Hydrate from the inside out
And don't forget good old H2O. Proper hydration is directly related to skin cell regeneration andkey to glowing skin. Aim for 6-8 cups per day of unsweetened drinks like water, fruit-infused water or herbal teas. Try to limit your caffeine intake to 2 cups per day because it can be really dehydrating!
- Ask for Expert Advice
Knowing how skin care products work together and the order in which to use them is incredibly important when developing a routine for optimal results.
We’ll guide you through this journey by providing key details that clearly explain which core skin care products skin needs, when they should be applied in your routine, how each type of skin care product works, and what results you can expect.Whether you’re just wanting to put together a simple routine or interested in advanced skincare steps to address specific needs like achieving the perfect glowing skin you can always ask our skincare experts for advice and follow Honey & Coco’s IG for more tips.