Why Clean, Natural Ingredients Benefit Your Skin
Skincare is a lifelong journey, affected by where we live, what we eat, our genetics and what we do in our daily lives. Switching to clean, natural skincare products early in your skincare journey will benefit you in the following ways:
You’ll Feel Better
Chemicals and synthetic ingredients in many commercial skincare products are absorbed through the skin, and eventually make to our liver to processing, and eventual discharge. Switching to clean, natural products can reduce the toxin load on your liver, which helps with energy levels, and supports general health.
You’ll Use Skincare Building Blocks Naturally Made By Your Body
Your body produces natural fats, oils, minerals and vitamins - and using natural skincare products actually helps your body use and assimilate these ingredients in a more efficient manner. Synthetic ingredients can sometimes “confuse” the body and skin, leading to irritation, breakouts and, in some cases, allergic reactions.
Feeling Great About Looking Great:
The natural ingredients used in Honey &CoCo products are sustainable, naturally sourced, untreated and clean sourced. They are not made in giant factories, but instead, locally crafted in Vancouver, BC by a team of expert Herbal Clinicians, Aromatherapists and Medical experts.
Natural And Effective (un)Common Ingredients
Researching the different ingredients in skincare products can be a confusing and overwhelming topic, especially when you're trying to understand what they are and how they work. To help you out, here are some of the most (un)common natural skincare ingredients in Honey & CoCo’s products, and the benefits they offer:
- Sarrasin Honey – The main ingredient that powers all of Honey & CoCo’s products! .This is North America's equivalent to Manuka Honey. Sarrasin Honey is locally and sustainably sourced and offers all the same health benefits and bioactive properties as Manuka Honey - with less than 5% of the farm-to-shelf carbon footprint! Lab studies have shown that Sarrasin Honey repairs, protects and nourishes damaged skin. It also promotes skin regeneration, repairs cellular damage and lessens the look of scarring using a similar chemical pathway to Manuka Honey.
- Aloe vera – Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant that helps to soothe and hydrate the skin. It’s been used for centuries to modulate skin hydration and to soothe skin irritation and redness.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that helps to protect the skin from environmental damage through its antioxidant properties and medium-chain fatty acid content. Coconut oil also helps to reduce inflammation and its emollient properties can be beneficial to repairing the skin's barrier function.
- Witch hazel – Witch hazel is a natural astringent due to its high concentration of tannins. Tannins compress proteins in skin, creating an invisible “film” that can de-grease skin, minimize the look of enlarged pores, fight acne and prevent razor burn. Its natural anti-inflammatory properties also help to soothe redness and irritation.
- Castor Oil – Castor Oil contains a high concentration of natural anti-oxidants, which combats damage to skin caused by free radicals. It’s lipid structure helps fight signs of aging by making the skin more malleable and less prone to cracking or damage. Castor Oil also has a host of antibacteria and anti-inflammatoryproperties which combat bacterial infections that contribute to acne and reduce skin puffiness and swelling, especially under the eyes or from irritation caused by acne.
- Bee Pollen - Bee Pollen is one of the most under-rated and overlooked ingredients as a food and in skincare! It’s packed with proteins, enzymes, amino acids and nucleotides that help to nourish and repair damaged skin. It was even recently discussed on the Joe Rogan Podcast with guest Erika Thompson, the Owner and Founder of Texas Beeworks for its superfood properties!
Choosing Products That Work For YouYour skin is your body’s largest and most important organ - taking care of it with naturally sourced, clean ingredients will be the best long term decision and investment in your overall health. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Read The Label: Before you purchase any natural skincare product, it is important to read the label and understand how the ingredients will work for you.
- Choose Products Based On Your Skin Type: Different skin types require different ingredients. For example, Honey & CoCo’s Rejuvenate Serum is ideal for dry to combination skin types, and especially effective during winter months when you tend to have dry skin!
- Do Your Research: Before purchasing any natural skincare product, it is important to do your research and read reviews from other users. This will help you decide if a product is right for you. In Honey & CoCo we focus our efforts on developing products based on customer review and feedback. One of our customer favourites is the Restore, Coffee & Sarrasin Honey Body Scrub. The nourishing effect of the honey mixed with the energizing action of caffeine and the exfoliating action of pure coffee grounds will leave your skin feeling spa-fresh.
- Try Before You Buy: Before buying a full-size product, it is best to test a sample size to see how your skin reacts to the product. This will help you determine if the product is the right one for you, and we have the perfect bundle for you if this is your decision. For less than $40 you can discover and explore some of our essential products in travel size with the Essential Travel Bundle.
Look Better, Feel Better
Using natural skincare products is a great way to keep your skin looking healthy and radiant. Natural ingredients are gentle on your skin and can help to reduce inflammation, promote healing, and provide hydration. Even better - they’re great for your overall health because they don’t overload your liver, lymphatic or immune systems with synthetic, chemical compounds!
For example, Purify, H&CC’s gentle foaming cleanser removes excess oil, skin impurities and makeup, leaving your skin feeling both clean and hydrated without the harsh chemicals of other foaming cleansers to achieve the same results, as helping clearing acne and skin impurities.
Clean skincare products can also provide a more sustainable approach to beauty and self care. Honey & CoCo’s uses Sarrasin Honey, often compared to Manuka Honey, which is sourced in New Zealand, Buckwheat Honey is sourced locally! It’s more affordable, and has a 95% smaller carbon footprint - it’s the local, sustainable alternative that can heal you from the outside-in… and from the inside-out!
Using these tips, you should be able to find the perfect natural skincare product for your skin. Explore more to find your ideal clean and natural skincare routine at www.honeyandcoco.ca